Binary MSI installs:
Source Code Outliner for Visual Studio 2008
Source Code Outliner for Visual Studio 2005
The C# source code for the Source Code Outliner for VS 2008 is in the Source Code tab as part of this CodePlex project.
The VB source code is attached in the Releases tab in a ZIP file: SourceCodeOutlinerVB
Source Code Outliner
The Source Outliner PowerToy is a Visual Studio 2008 extension that provides a tree view of your source code's types and members and lets you quickly navigate to them with filtering inside the editor.
The Source Code Outliner PowerToy was created as a package using the Visual Studio SDK for Visual Studio 2008. For more information about VSX, visit the
Visual Studio Extensibility Developer Center
The following steps to getting started with the Source Code Outliner PowerToy:
- Install the Source Code Outliner PowerToy for Visual Studio 2008.
- Start Visual Studio 2008.
- Open a source code window for an existing source file or create a new one.
- Select the ‘Source Code Outliner Power Toy’ menu item under View.OtherWindows menu group.
- You can dock the Source Code Outliner anywhere, like to the left side of the Visual Studio window next to the Code Editor window.
- Click a method or variable name in Source Outliner and the code associated with what you clicked displays near the top of the Code Editor window.
- You can use the ‘Filter by Type’ to filter different types that you would like to view.
Visual Studio Extensions